The National Biotechnology Biosafety Consortium (NBBC) has the vision to ensure a successful implementation of safe modern biotechnology in agricultural practice and the commercialization of its products in Nigeria.
NBBC’s mission is to synergise communication and management of biosafety and biotechnology issues in Nigeria’’
The objectives of the Consortium include the following:
- To foster a safe growing and strong Biotechnology industry in Nigeria through representation, advocacy and provisions of services and benefits to stakeholders in order to promote the industry and help realize its national important economic potentials.
- To provide a platform promoting construction dialogue between the scientific community, government, civil society, media, legal practitioners and the private sector.
- To provide a professional forum that represents national interests and needs of biotechnology and Biosafety experts.
- To educate key government, political, public and private stakeholders on the need to strengthen sustainable Biosafety practices.
- To provide linkages within the biotechnology research and developments in Nigeria for a safe and sustainable utilization of biotechnology and;
- To share information.